Sunday, April 22, 2012

A humble request !!!

Dear Mr Employer,

Please kindly excuse but I will only be coming an hour late every morning from today on and also leave an hour early from work going forward each day.. Kindly consider this as my usual work timing as I would be spending the said time walking to and fro to office each day.. As you must be aware that there has been a recent hike in Autorickshaw fares (more than 60% hike ever since December 2010) and also Petrol prices (rising upto Rs 75/- per litre) making local transportation extremely difficult, I do not find any mode of transportation suitable to commute to office other than my two weak little legs.. In case you must be thinking about the local trains, please note that there are no direct trains running between my residence and the workplace, making the former a less viable option.. Also pls note direct buses do not run in my vicinity and the only one which i can think of taking is more than overcrowded and comes only at intervals of one hour, the only one time that I took that Bus to work place, I was threatened to be thrown on top of the bus by the commuters giving me ugly than worse a feeling like one of those in the Pak Air).. In case you must be wondering why I do not buy my own wehicle to commute to office, I must kindly remind you that I am one of the cheapest resource in your workplace with the utmost minimum pay ckeck making it feasiblily unviable to afford a two-wheeler (lest be a car) with the sky-rocketing fuel costs.. Now that you know the plight of my situation I must also remind you that I am quite faithful to my job, but in case even if I try and find another job with a better pay in the city there is too much competition for the openings (kindly remember the insurmountable population of the nation) making it extremely difficult to even attempt switching over, for which I am too grateful to you for your gratitude.

I hope you understand the grim situation of my life and would consider my proposal.

Speaking in the best interest of our organization,

Your's sincerely,
The most underpaid employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment